All the staff here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Vineyard Inn and Suites are committed to our environmental stewardship and are involved in the green movement of sustainability. We are taking steps to reduce our impact on the environment, preserve resources for the future and prevent pollution. We have taken the following steps towards reducing our carbon footprint.
- Replaced incandescent lights with compact fluorescent lights wherever possible.
- Installed motion sensors in public areas, such as restrooms and the fitness center, to save energy.
- Implemented a recycling program for bottles, plastics, cardboard, batteries and computer equipment to ensure products are reused.
- Purchased Energy Star labeled appliances to reduce energy use.
- Introduced an ozone system for our washing machines to minimize the use of chemicals.
- Implemented a towel and linen reuse program to reduce water use.
- Adopted purchasing policies related to the use of recycled items, such as paper and toner cartridges to ensure a market exists for recycled items.
- Established contracts with locally-owned food producers to supply fresh, wholesome breakfast goodies and reduce transportation emissions.
- Participated in a nationally recognized green program through Best Western International and the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
- We have partnered with Soap Aid to recycle soap and save lives. We recycle our soap bars that are then sent to communities facing major hygiene challenges.
- An electric car charging station will be installed in 2020.
We would like to invite you to join us in our Green program. Here are some ways you can participate during your stay.
- Choose to participate in our linen reuse program.
- Use recycling containers throughout the hotel.
- Turn off all lights when leaving the room and set the thermostat to 68 degrees.
Thank you for joining us in the quest to reduce our carbon footprint.